Thank you for considering Metric Realty Company to manage your property. Rest assured that we are putting our experience, knowledge and expertise to work for you “Because Our Service Measures Up”. With us as your Property Managers we will perform the following:
- Liaison between the tenant and the owner
- Enforcement of lease terms
- Market property to prospective tenants
- Detailed statements
- Compliance with applicable local, state and federal laws
Coordinate Move-in of New Tenant
- Qualify prospective tenants via Credit, Criminal, & Eviction databases; rental verification and employment
- Collect first month’s rent and security deposit in the form of cashier’s check prior to tenant move in
- Prepare all rental and /or lease agreements utilizing North Carolina Association of REALTORS approved forms.
- Ensure tenant has properly executed all agreements prior to move-in.
- Document your property’s condition utilizing photography prior to new tenant move-in.
- Tenant completes and signs a “Move In Inspection Form” verifying the condition of the property at the time of his or her move-in.
- Instruct tenant regarding rental payment terms and required property maintenance.
Accounting: Rent Collection and Disbursement
- Promptly collect rent from tenant at the beginning of each month.
- Serve a late notice if the rent has not been received by the fifth of each month.
- Coordinate the start of a Complaint in Summary Ejectment procedure to evict tenant in the event the rent is not paid.
Maintenance and Repair
- Promptly inform you of maintenance and/or repairs needed on the property.
- Coordinate (if necessary) maintenance and/or repairs as needed to the property.
Coordinate Move-Out of New Tenant
- Perform walk-thru with tenant to verify property is returned in condition in which it was leased
- Document property’s condition at move out through photography
- Collect keys
- Render any rent or security deposits due to owner